Please check the box contents after unpacking. If any components are missing, please contact the dealer.
|IM500 Secure Card Reader||1|
|USB 2.0 A/B Cable||1|
|M4 Hex Nuts||4|
The following section points out the various hardware features and functions of the IM500.
The following section provides basic operating instructions for the IM500.
- Power ON: Link the IM500 to an appropriate power terminal via USB or RJ45 (make sure to have the appropriate voltages and pinouts).
- Power OFF: Disconnect the IM500 from the power terminal it is connected to.
SAM Card Installation
- Slide the SAM cards into the open slots with the contacts facing down.
- When fully depressed, the clipped corner of the card should be exposed on the right side as shown on the orientation indicator.
The IM500 is linked to an IM300 encrypting PIN pad through a USB Type B port using a USB cable. The IM300 both controls and powers the IM500. Either of the two Type A USB ports on the IM300 can be used to connect the IM500; do not connect the IM500 through the Mini-B port.
- The green LED blinks twice during startup and then once when the boot sequence completes and the IM500 is ready.
- The green and red LEDs blink simultaneously when the hardware tamper-proofing signals are triggered.
The IM500 includes the following card readers:
Magnetic Stripe Reader
The IM500 includes a magnetic stripe reader. To swipe the card, insert the card into the opening with the magnetic strip oriented to the bottom right side.
EMV Card Reader
To use the smart card reader, insert the card into the opening with the chip contact facing forwards and to the top.
CLEANING THE DEVICE
- Do not immerse the device in water or liquid.
- Do not spray water or cleaner into ports.
- To clean the screen, apply distilled water or mild glass cleaner onto a soft, lint-free cloth and gently wipe terminal.
TERMINAL USAGE TIPS
- If any cables become damaged, seek a replacement.
- If there is any suspicious object, please report to the related administrator.
- Do not insert unknown materials into any port on the IM500; this may cause serious damage.
- If repairs are required, please contact a professional technician instead of attempting them on your own.
- Avoid exposing the device to an excessively hot, dusty, or strong electromagnetic environment.
- Do not vibrate, shake, or drop the device.
CAUTION: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
PAX Technology Inc reserves the right to change product technology specifications without notification.