Please check the box contents after unpacking. If any components are missing, please contact the dealer.
|IM310 PIN Pad||1|
|Optional USB Cables||3|
|M4 Hex Nuts||4|
The following section points out the various hardware features and functions of the IM310.
The following section provides basic operating instructions for the IM310.
- Power ON: Connect it to a power terminal via the RS232 or USB device port (make sure to have the correct voltages).
- Power OFF: Disconnect it from the power terminal.
- During startup the green and red LEDs are both in an on state.
- During normal operation, the green LED is in an on state while the red LED is in an off state.
- If SecureLink or the physical tamper proof circuits are triggered, the green LED remains in an on state while the red LED blinks once every 2 seconds, staying on for 200 ms each time.
- During the download of uboot, the red LED remains in an on state while the green LED blinks once every 2 seconds, staying on for 200 ms each time.
The IM310 can be connected to an IM500 secure card reader as well as an IM700 contactless card reader through the use of customized USB cables. The IM310 both controls and powers the IM500 and IM700. Note that the ports used are the 4 pin USB host ports; they do not connect the IM310 to these devices through other ports.
Device Ports and Cables
The IM310 uses JST GH sockets of various sizes for each of its ports. There are two 4 pin USB host ports, one 7 pin USB device port, one 6 pin RS232 port, and one 8 pin keypad expansion slot. Some configurations of the IM310 come packaged with a custom Type-A USB cable that connects to the 7 pin USB device port; other cables and accessories are also available upon request.
IM310 to IM500 Connection
IM310 to IM700 Connection
CLEANING THE DEVICE
- Do not use industrial strength or abrasive cleaner as it may damage or scratch the screen.
- Do not immerse the device in water or liquid.
- Do not spray water or cleaner into ports.
- To clean the screen, apply distilled water or mild glass cleaner onto a soft, lint-free cloth and gently wipe terminal.
TERMINAL USAGE TIPS
- If any cables become damaged, seek a replacement.
- If there is any suspicious object, please report to the related administrator.
- Do not insert unknown materials into any port on the IM310; this may cause serious damage.
- If repairs are required, please contact a professional technician instead of attempting them on your own.
- Avoid exposing the device to an excessively hot, dusty, or strong electromagnetic environment.
- Do not vibrate, shake, or drop the device.
- Make sure the terminals of the USB or RS232 cables provide appropriate voltages at the proper pins.
- The IM310 is designed for outdoor use; however, during normal use its surface should still be keep clear of dirt and possible liquid contaminants.
CAUTION: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
PAX Technology Inc reserves the right to change product technology specifications without notification.