15 Sep SP30 QSG
SP30 Quick Setup Guide
Please check the box contents after unpacking. If any components are missing, please contact the dealer.
|SP30 PIN Pad||1|
The following section points out the various hardware features of the SP30.
Basic Operating Instructions
The following section provides basic operating instructions for the SP30.
- Power ON: The terminal will automatically power on when connected for a power source.
- Power OFF: Disconnect the terminal from its power source to power off.
- Remove SAM cover on back of terminal.
- Insert SAM card into corresponding card slot.
- Replace SAM cover.
The SP30 includes the following card readers:
Magnetic Stripe Card
Slide the card through the card reader slot from top to bottom or from bottom to top with the magnetic strip oriented towards the body of the device. Make sure that the card is fully inserted into the card reader while swiping the card.
IC/Smart Card Reader
Insert the card fully into the reader with the metallic contacts facing up and towards the device. Make sure that the card is fully inserted into the card reader while scanning the card.
Contactless Card Reader
The contactless card reader reads cards and devices placed roughly within an inch (2.5 mm). For best results, place as close to the reader as possible and center the card over the terminal’s screen.
Cleaning the Device
- Do not use industrial strength or abrasive cleaner.
- Do not immerse the device in water or liquid.
- Do not spray water or cleaner into EMV Card Reader or ports.
Terminal Installation and Usage Tips
• If any cables become damaged, seek a replacement.
• Do not insert unknown materials into any port on the SP30; this may cause serious damage.
• If repairs are required, please contact a professional technician instead of attempting them on your own.
• Avoid exposing the device to an excessively hot, dusty, or strong electromagnetic environment.
• Do not vibrate, shake, or drop the device.
CAUTION: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.